Guy disagrees on 3rd Party Support for the Wii

Have news on the latest video games? Tell us all about it here.

Guy disagrees on 3rd Party Support for the Wii

Postby Steve on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:16 am

I agree with him in regards to what he says about 3rd parties complaining that the Wii is inhospitable, but I don't agree with his reasons.

First of all, yes, it is stupid, but only because 3rd parties are jealous of Nintendo. They see the runaway success Nintendo is getting and feel they should get the same. They then release garbage on the Wii and it sells like crap. They then turn around and say stuff like, "The Wii is inhospitable to 3rd parties" because their crap doesn't sell.

I mean, yeah, Madden 08 didn't sell that well. There are many other 3rd party games that don't do well on other consoles as well. However, 3rd parties have made the most money on the Wii. Guitar Hero is a good example (like this guy pointed out).

I think it all comes down to 3rd parties viewing Nintendo as kiddy and feeling that their games are too good for it. In return, they lose out on making tons of money like most of the 3rd party developers have been for 2 years. Now that Tales of Symphonia II and Monster Hunter 3 are coming to the Wii, there's not much these other 3rd party developers can say.
Steve
Site Admin

Re: Guy disagrees on 3rd Party Support for the Wii

Postby Baschemon on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:03 pm

The Wii in my opinion is a great Console but many feel that it lacks space, and it IS indeed limited on space but 3rd party games can do better. My big peeve is that Wii ports of 3rd party games are different from the ports on "HD" consoles, when clearly the Wii can handle what HD consoles can handle, just maybe minus some HD graphics.
Baschemon

Return to Video Game News