BSOD!

Having problems with a particular computer issue? Get help here.

BSOD!

Postby JanusMcLeod on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:27 pm

well the other day i got BSOD and talking about win32.sys then after i restarted it anything on the monitor so i made sure monitor was working by connecting it to my laptop and it worked fine so i bought a new graphics card thinking that was probably the issue. well after i installed the graphics card it started to display everything fine so i installed the cd drivers and restarted computer then after the restart it wouldnt display anything again so i got worried it might be motherboard but after i unplugged the ac power cable from the computer and plugged it back in it started to work again. just wondering could the problem be my power supply?

btw the computer is a COmpaq SR1950NX:

AMD Athlon 64 processor 3800+ 2.41GHz
1GB Memory (now 3GB though cause i installed more memory)
250GB HD
Windows XP Media Center Edition
Graphics Card just installed was BFG NVidia 8400GS 512MB PCI-Express x16

edit: new problem now which not sure if it is related but once in a while my PC will just freeze i mean if video is playing or whatever freezes mouse doesnt move kb does nothing my computer doesnt make a sound (as in i dont hear fans blowing or nothing) and its not temporary cause i left it alone for an hour to see and still frozen. annoying thing is that it happens somewhat randomly out of nowhere so if im doing something well have to do it all over again
JanusMcLeod

Re: BSOD!

Postby Steve on Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Sounds like you have an overheating issue.
It may not have anything to do with your video card. It may have all to do with your actual processor. What you can do is reseat your heat sink and fan. You'll have to unscrew the bottom of your laptop and then unscrew your heat sink and fan. After you do that, you will need to place it back on. Most laptops don't have thermal compound on their processors. It may help if you put a little bit on the processor to help with the heat transfer. After that, place everything back on and you should be fine.
Steve
Site Admin

Postby JanusMcLeod on Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:11 pm

lol its a desktop but yea i replaced the new memory that i installed with old one and seems to be back to normal for the most part but yea i think its either the fans or power supply cause with new memory it for some reason tend to overwork and with old memory i got a message about system fan not working when i started pc up but other than that which i plan to fix this weekend everything seems to be back to normal
JanusMcLeod

Postby Steve on Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:50 pm

Fantastic!!
Steve
Site Admin

buy neopoints

Postby BraydenM21 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:57 am

Hey, that is blog is really a great blog! I do not usually remark in your incredible weblog posts, I generally just study them. Even so, right after studying this publish, I just needed to congratulate you in your excellent function! Maintain it up!!
buy neopoints
BraydenM21

Postby malinc103 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:41 pm

good stuf
malinc103

Return to Tech help