It's been awhile since I've made another blog post. I've been seriously working on the code for the site.
I finally got the blog looking decent. No more would anyone need to see every blog entry on one page. It's now set up so the older entries are archived. I also made a few changes to the comments code. It should prevent even more hacks (already spotted a few).
I worked on the video section code a little bit. I made a few security adjustments as well as a few new features. The embed code is a new feature I added. Now, you and everyone else can embed videos directly on websites outside of Ultra Edge.
I added the Anime Basket feature. It works much like "Add to Favorites". You can only add videos to it at this time. However, there is a little area that, based on what you've added to the basket, can determine what other things you might be interested in checking out. This feature is littered all over the place to make it easier to find new content.
I fixed the layout code so that it looked decent under Webkit. This would consist of such browsers like Konqueror, Google Chrome and Safari.
I've added improved MP4 support. This makes it easier to include MP4 video without having to wait for the server to re-encode it. AVI files still need to be re-encoded.
I fixed the paging code (code that splits the multimedia into multiple pages). Now, it can support pages beyond the width of the current table. Since there are so many videos being added, I needed a way to keep track of the new pages that will be visible.
I updated the FAQ section to support the changes done on the site.
I cleaned up a bunch of code and got rid of a the "include" maze code that featured included files that then included more files that included even more files.
Added code to force MySQL to sort and search for a lot of media on the site instead of forcing poor PHP to do it.
In the future, I'll be working on adding additional graphics to the website. I'll also be working on trying to make the site easier to navigate and use. From what I can tell, it's pretty easy and everything is fairly well documented. However, I can always make it more easy (without losing functionality!). So stay tuned!